Double Clutch Transmission Fluids (DCTF)
FUCHS TITAN FFL – The most extensive portfolio of double clutch transmission fluids
Due to their design, double clutch transmissions (DCT = Double Clutch Transmission) place increased demands on the appropriate fluids (DCTF = Double Clutch Transmission Fluid). Double clutch transmissions consist of the following components:
- 2 “semi manual” transmissions united (one for each odd an even gears)
- 2 hydraulically actuated wet or dry clutches for launching and switching of gears
- Hydraulic or mechatronic switching module
- Electronic control unit
The special requirements for double clutch transmission fluids
- Wear protection, as with manual transmissions
- Good synchonization properties for reliable gear changes
- Good friction characteristics for precise frictional engagement and comfort
- Excellent oxidation stability for long replacement intervals
- Wet clutch suitable
- High friction stability over the entire replacement interval
- High thermic stability
- Best material compability, especially with electrical components
Dual clutch transmission fluids represent the compromise between the characteristics of an excellent manual transmission fluid and a powerful automatic transmission fluid. In addition, the use of hydraulic pumps increases the requirements for foam resistance.
Did you know that our dual clutch transmission fluids cover the highest OEM quality standards?
With the TITAN FFL range (formerly PENTOSIN FFL), FUCHS offers products with different manufacturer relevance. For example, our TITAN FFL-2 has the VW approval VW TL 52 182 (G 052 182) exclusively.
PENTOSIN products are now available under TITAN.
Good to know
To ensure that the high shifting comfort is maintained with low shifting times and without traction interruption, DCTFs are changed every 60,000 – 90,000 km.
Double clutch transmissions are a type of transmission that is fit for the future, as the offer very good opportunities for reducing CO2 emissions:
- Shift strategies for consumption optimization
- Start-stop capable
- Frequently used in hybrid vehicles
- Manual switching
It can therefore be assumed that the portfolio will continue to expand.
PENTOSIN becomes TITAN. Everything else remains the same.
In order to achieve a clearer product structure, PENTOSIN‘s well-known FFL range of double clutch transmission fluids is harmonized with our automotive leadbrand TITAN.
- The formulation of our proven products in the highest quality remains identical.
- The unique performance profiles with exclusive manufacturer approvals remain unchanged.
- It remains the same: FUCHS continues to offer you the most extensive portfolio of double clutch transmission fluids.
The FFL range remains what it has always been: Premium performance double clutch transmission fluids.
In that respect we remain true to ourselves - and to you.
Brand integration TITAN
PENTOSIN FFL → TITAN FFL
PENTOSIN CHF → TITAN CHF
Outlet of PENTOSIN (axle-) gear oils, engine oils, antifreezes, brake fluids
Fusion of Deutsche Pentosin Werke GmbH (DPW) and FUCHS Schmierstoffe GmbH. Until then both companies have had different core products, on which the development and the cooperation with the OEM had been focused.
After comparing these two “specialists“, we established PENTOSIN as an automotive lead brand for dual clutch transmission fluids, central hydraulic and power steering fluids next to TITAN and MAINTAIN lead brands –all three under FUCHS umbrella brand.
Acquisition of Deutsche Pentosin-Werke GmbH