Hydraulic oils or hydraulic fluids play a major role in the industry and industrial oils. Their share of total lubricant consumption in Germany is well over 10% and thus constitutes an important group within lubricants.
The following hydraulic oils or hydraulic fluids are considered:
- Hydraulic fluids based on mineral oil
- synthetic pressure fluids
- fire-resistant hydraulic fluids.
The technical importance of these lubricants is often neglected, the products are considered as standard or commercial goods. The wide range of pressure fluids often receives little attention. The solution of technically demanding problems in hydraulics, e.g. friction-vibrations of cylinders, are solved rather technical / constructive instead of seeking to solve this problem by the appropriate performance of a suitable hydraulic fluid.As the leading lubricant specialist for hydraulics, FUCHS relies on consistent further development of the hydraulic oils or hydraulic fluids, e.g.
- with the market launch of zinc and ash-free hydraulic oils as an alternative to zinc-containing hydraulic oils and biodegradable hydraulic fluids;
- the use of food-grade H1 hydraulic fluids;
- the introduction of synthetic base fluids for multi-range hydraulic fluids and new fire-resistant water-glycol-based hydraulic fluids;
- with significant advancements of ester-based, fire-resistant HFD U fluids;
- with the optimization of hydraulic fluids with regard to their filtration behavior with ultrafine filters;
- with the development of hydraulic oils with special wear protection capacity (high Brugger oils); as
- the offer of compatibility families of hydraulic and bed sheet oils as well as cooling lubricants in the machine tool up to
- low-viscosity fluids.
FUCHS offers solutions aimed at increasing energy and efficiency through the targeted selection of hydraulic oils and the consideration of new requirements for shear stability, thermal and oxidative stability.