Job Title: Engineering Coordinator
Fuchs Lubricants UK plc, part of the International Fuchs Group, manufactures and distributes specialist industrial lubricants for process manufacturing industries.
Fuchs is recognised as one of the world’s leading suppliers of high value specialist lubricants to manufacturing industries including aerospace, automotive, paper, energy and steel and maintains this position through an effective product development and marketing strategy.
Scope: Coordination and implementation of all Engineering Maintenance activities ensuring that all schedules and Service Contracts are completed in a safe and timely manner in order to satisfy Operational and statutory requirements.Predictive and preventative maintenance activities in line with engineering plan.
- Support the Management of CAPEX projects, on time and to cost.
- Safe and effective coordination of engineers and contractors during all maintenance activities.
- Schedule machine time with production in order to perform repairs or planned maintenance to equipment and secure necessary materials for the scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Establish effective lines of communication and feedback with manufacturing director and production management to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that impact overall plant KPI’s.
- Build and maintain history database on equipment, assess breakdowns, prioritize and take appropriate corrective action. Provide technical assistance to ensure shortest possible machine downtime, recording and creating manuals and drawings for early recovery.
- Organize work schedules for a team of fitters and electricians.
- Organize departmental meetings with team members to discuss projects, issues, team briefings.
- Analyze downtime and develop appropriate countermeasures to reduce / prevent future downtime.
Qualifications/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- HNC/D Engineering
- 17th edition
- Experience of LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, DSEAR legislation
- PLC experience, fault finding and programming (ideally Siemens PCS7)
- At least 3 years’ experience supervision in a maintenance department of a manufacturing company
- Effective supervision and coordination skills.
- Excellent level of Microsoft Office applications essential. Experience using SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of maintenance policies and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Hours of Work - 8:00 - 5:30 Monday to Friday