PARAFLUID - Refined base products
Petroleum jellies and white oils - High quality, versatile and well proven
Pharmaceutical quality petroleum jellies and white oils need to meet the highest quality and purity standards.
PARAFLUID petroleum jellies
Petroleum jellies are ointment-like, homogeneous mixtures of hydrogenated, fully saturated hydrocarbons obtained from petrolatum. PARAFLUID petroleum jellies are of the highest purity and consistently high quality, especially in terms of their consistency and their possibilities for further processing.
- They are virtually odourless and tasteless.
- Their colour varies depending on the application requirements and the degree of refining and can range from snow white to slightly yellow.
PARAFLUID white oils
White oils are colourless, viscous liquids consisting of twice-hydrogenated, fully saturated hydrocarbons.
- They are transparent, colourless and crystal-clear.
- They have no odour and no taste.
- They are free of additives and do not fluoresce.
PARAFLUID white oils are characterised by a consistently high quality. They are also extremely colour-fast and resistant to oxidation.
Our pharmaceutical petroleum jellies and white oils meet the current requirements of the following regulations
- European Pharmacopoeia (PH. EUR.)
- United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) / National Formulary (NF)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- and others
Petroleum jellies and white oils for pharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical quality petroleum jellies and white oils need to meet the highest quality and purity standards. They are easy to process and exhibit good tolerability. Companies in the pharmaceutical industry and those that manufacture veterinary products have been using our highly refined pharmaceutical products for their recipes and formulations for decades.
Application areas pharmaceuticals:
- Wound and medicinal creams
- Eye preparations
- UV-protection products
- Dental care products
Application areas veterinary medicine:
- Wound and medicinal creams
- Hygiene preparations
- Milking grease
- Carrier for insect repellents
Petroleum jellies and white oils for cosmetics
Safe base for beneficial products: Our medicinal grade petroleum jellies and white oils are also commonly used in the cosmetic industry. Our medicinal grade petroleum jellies and white oils are also commonly used in the cosmetic industry. As components in high-quality cosmetic products they convince by effective protection, their colour fastness, their perfect consistency and guarantee the highest degree of purity.
Application areas cosmetics
- Hair care products
- Eye makeup
- Stage makeup
- Hand cleansing pastes
- Baby, massage and bath oils
Petroleum jellies and white oils for foodstuffs
Valuable processing aids for the food industry: PARAFLUID qualities are colourless, tasteless and odourless. The mixtures of saturated hydrocarbons cover a wide range of viscosities and applications. They are ideally suited as base materials for processing aids in the production of foodstuffs, food packaging and for formulations that come into contact with food.
Food-grade PARAFLUID products are used for example as:
- Dust-binder in cereals processing
- Defoaming agent
- Brighteners for vegetables
- Release agents in bakeries
- Coatings for sausage casings
- Fruit coatings
- Plasticisers in plastic packaging materials
They are also ideally suited as processing aids for the:
- Production of edible oils
- Production of wine corks
- Production of beverage and animal feed cans
- Production of food trays
- Meat processing
- Manufacture of drinking straws
Petroleum jellies and white oils for technichal formulations
Efficient basis for technical formulations and processes: The technical version of our products are highly refined. They offer high colour stability, good resistance to ageing and a low proportion of aromatic hydrocarbons. PARAFLUID base materials are the foundation for industrial formulations of many well-known manufacturers.
For example, our products are used to produce:
- Plasticisers used in rubber and plastics processing
- Leather and textile processing
- Maintenance and lubrication in precision engineering
- Production aids for printing inks
- Dust binders
- Defoaming agents
- Carrier oils for rust protection, wood preservatives and furniture polishes
- Surface finishing
- Release agents
- Impregnating oils
- Punching oils
Paraffin wax is a mixture of higher molecular, aliphatic, saturated hydrocarbons. Due to their properties they have a wide range of applications.
- Pharmacy and cosmetic
- Colour and paint industry
- Dental wax
- Physiotherapy applications
- Pluck wax
- Foodstuff industry
- Candle production
- Paper and packaging industry
- Rubber and tyre industry
- Construction and insolation materials
- Care and polish agent
- Chemical industry
- plastic production
- Leather and textil industry
- and many more
PARAFLUID offers even more petrochemical specialities. For example:
- Base oils
- Microcrystalline waxes