CASSIDA FLUID RF 68
Synthetic lubricants for compressors used in ammonia refrigeration systems in the food industry
- Base fluids have an ability to provide superior lubrication under the majority of operating conditions
- Provide excellent control of deposits and sludge formation, particularly when used with ammonia. This permits extended oil drain intervals compared to mineral oil
- Excellent high temperature and oxidation stability
- Neutral odour and taste
- High viscosity index enables easy starting at low temperatures and good lubrication at elevated operating temperatures
- Good low temperature characteristics down to -40 °C The formulation facilitates rapid separation from the refrigerant in the oil separator
Certifications and Specifications
- NSF H1
- DIN 51501-1 (KAA / KC)
CASSIDA FLUID RF 46 and 68 are high performance fluids specially developed for use in ammonia refrigeration compressors in the food and beverage processing industry They are based on a careful blend of synthetic fluids chosen for their ability to meet the stringent requirements of this type of equipment in the food industry.
Registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to FLT Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
• Recommended for use in open and semi-open compressors, both screw and reciprocating types. They are designed for applications with ammonia (R717) where they offer an excellent performance under high and low evaporation temperatures.
• They can also be used with isobutane (R600a) and CO2 (R744). Use in this case after consultation of the respective compressor OEM only.
Seal and Paint Compatibility
Compatible with the elastomers, gaskets, seals and paints normally used in food machinery lubrication systems.
Handling and Storage
All food grade lubricants should be stored separately from other lubricants, chemical substances and foodstuffs and out of direct sunlight or other heat sources. Store between 0 °C and +40 °C. Provided that the product has been stored under these conditions we recommend to use the product within 5 years from the date of manufacture. Upon opening a pack, the product must be used within 2 years (or within 5 years of date of manufacture, whichever is the sooner).
The information shown on this side is based on the experience and expertise of the FUCHS Group in the development and manufacture of lubricants and represents the current state of the art. The performance of our products can be influenced by a series of factors, especially the specific use, the method of application, the operational environment, component pretreatment, possible external contamination, etc. For this reason, universally valid statements about the function of our products are not possible. Our products must not be used in aircraft/spacecraft or parts thereof. This does not apply if the products can be removed again before the components are fitted in an aircraft/spacecraft. The information given here represents general, non-binding guidelines. No warranty expressed or implied is given concerning the properties of the product or its suitability for any given application. We therefore recommend that you consult a FUCHS Group application engineer to discuss application conditions and the performance criteria of the products before the products are used. It is the responsibility of the user to test the functional suitability of the products and to use them with the corresponding care. Our products are subject to continuous further development. We therefore retain the right to change our product range, the products, and their manufacturing processes as well as all details on this side at any time and without warning, provided that no customer-specific agreements exist that require otherwise.