What are the responsibilities of a chemical technician?
Chemical technician produce chemical products from organic and inorganic raw materials. They operate computer-aided machines and production lines. They measure raw materials and fill them into containers, start up the production plants and heat, cool or distil the raw materials. They monitor the production process.
And espacially at FUCHS LUBRITECH?
- In the workshops (electrical workshops and locksmith's shop): Getting to know mechanical and electrical work, getting to know various systems for the first time
- In the quality control laboratory: active participation in the testing of raw materials and end products using various analytical methods
- In production: active participation in various production and manufacturing processes:
- Provision of raw materials required for production
- Production of concrete release agents and bonded coatings by basic process engineering operations
- Cold blending of base fats with additives by kneading
- Production of various fats and oils, performance of saponification and reactions
- Filling of fats and aerosols in various containers
How long does my apprenticeship last?
- 3,5 years
Where does my apprenticeship take place?
The apprenticeship takes place in cooperation with other chemical companies in Ludwigshafen. There, inter-company training objectives are communicated in weekly blocks. Vocational school instruction is also provided in the form of block instruction in Ludwigshafen. The in-house part of the training takes place at the headquarters in Kaiserslautern.
What should I bring with me?
- A good school-leaving certificate (lower secondary school leaving certificate or Abitur)
- Good technical and mathematical understanding
- A high degree of initiative and self-organisation
What further training opportunities do I have?
- Industrial foreman chemistry
- Technician, specializing in chemical engineering
Please note that speaking the german language is a basic requirement for an appranticeship in our company.