Warehouse logistics specialists
What are the responsibilities of warehouse logistics specialists?
Warehouse logistic specialists accept goods of all kinds and check their quantity and condition on the basis of the accomponying documents. They organize the unloading of the goods, sort them and store them properly at previously scheduled locations. They ensure that the goods are stored under optimal conditions and regulate, for example, temperature and humidity. In the goods issue area, they plan delivery tours and determine the most cost-effective shipping method. They put together deliveries, pack the goods and prepare accompanying documents such as delivery notes or customs declarations. They also load trucks, containers, or railroad cars, operate forklifts, and secure the freight against slippage or leakage. In addition, warehouse logistics specialists optimise the internal flow of information and materials from procurement to sales. They explore sources of supply, compare offers, order goods and arrange payment.
And espacially at FUCHS LUBRITECH?
- Im Wareneingang: Annahme und Kontrolle eingehender Güter und deren sachgerechte Lagerung
- In outgoing goods: picking of finished goods for our customers at home and abroad
- Provision of raw materials for further processing in our production
- Participation in the physical inventory
- Dealing with the latest scanner technology
How long does my apprenticeship last?
- 3 years
Where does my apprenticeship take place?
The in-company part of the training takes place at the headquarters in Kaiserslautern, the vocational school instruction takes place in Pirmasens
What should I bring with me?
- A good school-leaving certificate (Vocational school readiness or secondary school leaving certificate I)
- Organisational talent, physical fitness
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment and team spirit
- Motivation and willingness to perform
What further training opportunities do I have?
- Logistics Master
- Study of Logistics or Supply-Chain-Management
Please note that speaking the german language is a basic requirement for an apprenticeship in our company.