This triad sits at the heart of our business model and forms the basis for our daily actions worldwide.
FUCHS focuses 100% on lubricants and related specialties and has been doing so for more than 80 years. With more than 10,000 products, the company offers its customers a full range of lubricants that meet strict national and international standards. The product portfolio is broken down into core categories; automotive and industrial lubricants, lubricating greases, metal working fluids and lubricants for special applications. The portfolio is complemented by a comprehensive range of technical and process-related services.
Technologically advanced, process oriented and holistic lubricant solutions are a central success factor for FUCHS. Our worldwide network of experts meets customer requirements on a global level by quickly and efficiently networking fields of special expertise. Around one in ten employees works in research and development. The company currently has more than 600 ongoing research and development projects that aim to provide optimum answers to the requirements of our customers. This allows us to consolidate our technological leadership in important business segments. This is not only a question of effectiveness and efficiency or safety and reliability, but also of the sustainability of the lubricants – their production, right through to disposal.
With round about 5,000 highly qualified and specialized employees worldwide are committed to securing the satisfaction of our customers. The global FUCHS team regards itself as a well-coordinated unit, whose high level of personal commitment continues the success story of FUCHS year after year. Intensive dialog with our customers and business partners, as well as trusting interactions with one another make it possible for us to always find the optimum, custom-made lubricant solution for the individual requirements of our customers.
Our strategy - FUCHS2025
Whether global customer requirements, or new business models that are made possible by advancing digitalization or megatrends such as the move to electric vehicles and autonomous driving, FUCHS is facing new challenges in this highly dynamic world.
New Mindset for Future Challenges
New solutions require new ways of operating. And new ways of operation require a new approach and a fresh mindset.
We want to use these challenges as an opportunity. That is why we are responding to them with a new mindset – an attitude that brings strategy, structure and culture into line in a purposeful way.
Vision – Being First Choice
"We want to build on our strengths and globally align our organization to make our vision come true: 'Being First Choice.'"
Stefan Fuchs, CEO FUCHS Group
Six strategic pillars form the base of our strategy. They are the guiding principles for our strategic actions to reach our vision for FUCHS2025.
- Use market segmentation as basis for strategic and global business development, achieve better market penetration
- Grow above Group average in Asia-Pacific and the Americas, achieve a better balance between all three world regions by 2025
- Further refine the brand profile, strengthen brand equity and attractiveness
Customer & Market Focus
- Achieve maximum customer proximity, further utilize cross-selling opportunities, become the full-line supplier for our customers
- Develop global service portfolio up to 2025, change from product-driven approach to solution-driven approach
- Grow market shares to be amongst the leaders in the segments we target
- Systematically introduce new business models within the broader world of lubrication
- Increase our innovation power in R&D and beyond. Be technology leader in the segments we target until 2025
- Innovate products and operational performance to make our customers more connected with us beyond lubricants by introducing digital solutions and platforms
- Bring all three R&D centers in China, USA and Germany to the same level of expertise until 2025
- Strengthen our global manufacturing and distribution network to achieve self-sufficient supply and technology hubs in Asia-Pacific, EMEA and the Americas until 2025
- Further standardize manufacturing and procurement procedures, equipment and output to achieve a more efficient supply chain
- Expand data transparency based on further globalization of structures and harmonization of systems
People & Organization
- Be the employer of choice for our existing and future workforce
- Further improve working environments and global collaboration
- Strengthen global talent acquisition and retention, enhance our development programs, competence models and succession planning
- Endorse internationalization of entities, remote leadership, international job rotation
- Economical Sustainability
- Generate sustainable revenue growth at 15 % EBIT margin with a corresponding increase of our FUCHS Value Added
- Ecological Sustainability
- CO2-neutral production (“gate-to-gate”) since 2020 and carbon-neutral products (“cradle-to-gate”) by 2025. Foster additional ecological sustainability projects
- Social Sustainability
- Further promote Corporate Social Responsibility projects
Sustainable revenue growth with operational excellence at a 15 % EBIT margin and corresponding FVA growth
Better market penetration through market segmentation
Technology leadership in the segments we target until 2025
Overproportionate growth in Asia-Paciﬁc & the Americas
Be the employer of choice for our existing and future workforce
CO2-neutrality in production “gate-to-gate” since 2020 and CO2-neutral products “cradle-to-gate” by 2025