Pitch and Yaw Gear Drives
Turning with the wind requires an oil that will respond
Both pitch and yaw drives must turn with the direction of the wind to optimize blade speed and electricity generation. To do this, a system must exist to rotate the blades and nacelle.
There are two different methods used to turn these drives
- With a gearbox
- With a hydraulic system
Both methods perform the same function and have the same end goal: a high-quality long-lasting oil to keep systems turning throughout all application extremes.
Pitch Drive Gearbox
FUCHS has developed RENOLIN UNISYN CLP 220 to meet the requirements for gearboxes.
It is a fully synthetic, highly additized OEM approved gear oil specifically designed to provide long life and keep the gearbox running.
Hydraulic Pitch System
Hydraulic systems require a premium high VI oil with a robust additive package to ensure the system turns as needed on demand.
RENOLIN UNISYN B HVI 32 was developed to meet the stringent requirements of this application. As an OEM approved oil, it provides the responsiveness and life required within the wind industry.
WHETHER A TURBINE HAS A GEAR OR HYDRAULIC DRIVE, FUCHS has a SOLUTION.
RENOLIN UNISYN CLP 220 Product Features:
- Low foaming
- Good air release capacity
- Very good aging resistance
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Excellent viscosity-temperature behavior
- High natural VI (viscosity index)
- Excellent wear protection, high EP performance
- Miscible with mineral oil- and ester-based gear oils
- For high and low operating temperatures
- Fully-synthetic gear oil-based on PAO
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Excellent thermal stability
- Excellent filterability
- Excellent material compatibility
RENOLIN B HVI 32 Product Features:
- Low foaming tendency
- Good air release properties
- High ageing resistance
- Good corrosion protection
- Very good viscosity-temperature-behaviour
- Very good wear protection
- High viscosity index
- Wide service temperature range
- Good shear stability