Wind turbine generator bearings have high RPM and run hot. The wrong grease can bleed oil and become heavier thus causing the bearing to work harder and run hotter. This can cause temperature faults in the generator.
URETHYN XHD 2 was specifically developed for and extensively tested in wind turbines generators. It was designed to reduce oil bleed at high temperatures and speeds.
URETHYN XHD 2 is approved for use in GE wind turbines. The GE Part Number for URETHYN XHD 2 is: 109W7991P001.
URETHYN XHD 2 Case Study
The example below highlights a customer that had to frequently replace its generator bearings because their current red grease (shown in the images below) was caking due to oil bleed. By switching to URETHYN XHD 2 they were able to significantly increase uptime and reduce unplanned downtime.
URETHYN XHD 2 is a soft lubricating grease with a synthetic hydrocarbon base oil and temperature resistant polyurea thickener. It is designed for low oil bleed and to provide excellent wear protection at fluctuating speeds, temperatures and loads.
- Specially designed for wind turbine generator bearings
- Fully synthetic grease
- Polyurea thickener, synthetic oil, additives
- Wide temperature range: -40°C to 180°C (-40°F to 356°F)
- Good pump ability in auto lubricators
- Outstanding EP/AW properties, even in fluctuating operating conditions
- GE Part number 109W7991P001